Only A Thought
Oh to live forever in the warmth of the womb
and never know the cold of the tomb
that beckons and calls its haunting refrain
is only a thought that can't remain.
For life is a tragic play on a soul
that yearns forever to have and hold
all the fruits that deliver peace.
But this a thought. It too will cease.
The warmth of the womb I won't remember.
It will fade away like a dying ember.
In the end the cold of the tomb will call
and I won't have a thought at all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Only A Thought by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Evil|livE, Shane Labreche
- Black Mare, Lynda Hull
- twentig jare later, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- Bar Xanadu, Lynda Hull
- Ballad #10 (To Alice), Aziz AlAkresh
- Ballad #9 (To Alice), Aziz AlAkresh
- Knees Of Advanced Peace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lost Fugue for Chet, Lynda Hull
- Chapter 10, Michael Mira
- ' Time, Efe Benjamin