When the one I love did live
I had all the world can give.
I had sunshine, wine and peace.
But when I found his breathing cease
all those things died with him.
And all the shine from the sun did dim.
All the wine became bitter to taste.
And all my breathing became a waste.
For what is there to ease my pain
And excite my days and keep me sane?
Only the memories of what we shared,
only the fondness with which we cared.
When the one I love did die
all I had was an unending goodbye.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Only Heartache by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Women, Nassy Fesharaki
- Because of intimacy, gajanan mishra
- while the stars spin our ferris wheel..., Mandolyn ...
- The anger inside my head, Ben Matthews
- I see love, gajanan mishra
- In My Head, Brianna Kimball
- Choose, Silas Egbowon
- O really I am searching, gajanan mishra
- KINDLING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Angry Soul, The Princess