ONLY HALF CANADIANS VOTE... MAY 2ND,2013
ONLY HALF CANADIANS VOTE … MAY 2ND 2013
How do we get better politicians than those we have now?
Some guys/girls who will give us death-with-dignity somehow,
Their political party doesn’t matter if they see the light,
And death-with-dignity doesn’t give them a political fright.
Why is this so difficult to get through to our politicians?
And their Supreme Court appointees who have their own conditions,
Switzerland, Oregon and Washington figured this problem out,
Some places seem to know what death-with-dignity is about.
Canadians have been told that this is of no great concern,
And we can’t go there because it’s a point of no return,
And if we don’t like the way it is, we don’t have to vote.
And without proportional representation; they have us by the throat.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ONLY HALF CANADIANS VOTE... MAY 2ND,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Big Brother, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Old-Fashioned Cooks, Edgar Albert Guest
- At The Summer Cottage, Edgar Albert Guest
- The After-Dinner Smoke, Edgar Albert Guest
- The New Year's Caller, Edgar Albert Guest
- It's not Fun, Aftab Alam
- The Card Club's First Meeting, Edgar Albert Guest
- When Pa Gets Back, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Peevish Man, Edgar Albert Guest
- Laughing is an exercise not intelligence, Pranab K. Chakraborty