James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
ONLY HALF CANADIANS VOTE... MAY 2ND,2013
ONLY HALF CANADIANS VOTE … MAY 2ND 2013
How do we get better politicians than those we have now?
Some guys/girls who will give us death-with-dignity somehow,
Their political party doesn’t matter if they see the light,
And death-with-dignity doesn’t give them a political fright.
Why is this so difficult to get through to our politicians?
And their Supreme Court appointees who have their own conditions,
Switzerland, Oregon and Washington figured this problem out,
Some places seem to know what death-with-dignity is about.
Canadians have been told that this is of no great concern,
And we can’t go there because it’s a point of no return,
And if we don’t like the way it is, we don’t have to vote.
And without proportional representation; they have us by the throat.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.