ONLY HALF CANADIANS VOTE... MAY 2ND,2013
ONLY HALF CANADIANS VOTE … MAY 2ND 2013
How do we get better politicians than those we have now?
Some guys/girls who will give us death-with-dignity somehow,
Their political party doesn’t matter if they see the light,
And death-with-dignity doesn’t give them a political fright.
Why is this so difficult to get through to our politicians?
And their Supreme Court appointees who have their own conditions,
Switzerland, Oregon and Washington figured this problem out,
Some places seem to know what death-with-dignity is about.
Canadians have been told that this is of no great concern,
And we can’t go there because it’s a point of no return,
And if we don’t like the way it is, we don’t have to vote.
And without proportional representation; they have us by the throat.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ONLY HALF CANADIANS VOTE... MAY 2ND,2013 by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- अब भूल जाना है दिल की सुनना - ab bhul ja.., yashovardhan kulkarni
- Himself a PoetSittng, Daniel Brick
- Losing the Touch, Kim Barney
- [ABC]Watch Pretty Little Liars Season 5 .., Renz Barns
- Australia Day - 26 January 2015, Danny Draper
- Elope, Salleh Chowdhury
- Journey's End, Raymond A. Foss
- Dimly Lighting The Way, Margaret Alice Second
- Threads of Her Journey, Raymond A. Foss
- A Journey of Treasure, Raymond A. Foss