ONLY HALF THE FOLK VOTE Apr 17th,2011
We should be ashamed of a system where less than half the folk vote,
Something like what a Middle East despot dictator might promote,
The Australians are required to vote or they get fined,
Makes for a more democratic system if you don’t mind.
It seems to me that our politicians are reluctant to change,
We have a perfect democracy, they say, so why rearrange?
Then if only half the people bother to vote, then that’s good,
The parties – not the people have control; is that understood?
And why would our politicians be so reluctant to change?
Doesn’t seem normal to me, in fact it really seems quite strange,
Where less than half the people control who gets elected,
Am I missing something here or am I just not connected.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ONLY HALF THE FOLK VOTE Apr 17th,2011 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 7, john chizoba vincent
- The tin box, Sagarika Julka
- Strong Woman, Lilly Emery
- Am I doing fine?, Sagarika Julka
- The Willow Tree, Lara A. Aqrawi
- Not Slowing Down, Maverick Jones
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 6, john chizoba vincent
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 5, john chizoba vincent
- Let me ask you, Sagarika Julka
- Sunset Point, Neela Nath