Lawrence S. Pertillar
Only One Way That Can Be Interpreted
It is deafening.
What should it be? '
It should be RAGE!
'He appears calm.
And quite happy to me.'
'Is there any particular reason,
Why his demeanor makes you upset? '
Not at all.
I am just concerned for his well-being.
Perhaps he is aware of your concerns,
And has decided not to have you see him...
Fight his adversaries publicly.
I approach my life in a similar way.'
You do? Hmmm.
It would help me immensely,
If he expressed outwardly more rage.
'I am beginning to see what you mean very clearly.
If he expressed outrage and disgust,
You would feel better about yourself.
Maybe you should try something else to do.'
You have no idea how I have tried just about everything.
Everything humanly possible.
But he still refuses to pay me attention.
Something is wrong with him.
And he has made it much more difficult,
Since he has stopped attending church.
There is only one way that can be interpreted.'
By the way,
Which church do you belong?
Which religious affiliation are you committed?
'I don't discuss politics or my personal interests.
I prefer to keep my beliefs to myself.'
I don't believe this. Another one?
You should be OUTRAGED.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Only One Way That Can Be Interpreted by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Goodnight Kiss, Nicholas Nikolov
- MURIEL, Donald R Charon
- GLENDA, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Close To You, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- CREDITOR, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Lady Liberty, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Lament Of Many, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Misguided, Donald R Charon
- NATURE'S INFLUENCE, Donald R Charon
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)