Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
Oshiomhole (For Adams, the people's general)
I revere those who die for what they believe in,
I revere them that are firm in what is right.
For life is but an abysmal tunnel for anyone who has not found what he could die for.
He gropes, he trembles and he is cheated.
But you move with the strength of your conviction.
You surely know why you are here and what you must do before you leave here.
You are a 'comrade',
A true comrade dedicated to the struggle,
A struggle that concerns all.
For eight years you remained a bone in the necks of those agents of darkness,
They tried, but they could not swallow you.
You fought for all of us and gave us hope,
You did not cower, though they tried to intimidate.
You refused to sabotage the struggle,
Though the 'Ghana must go bags' were ready, swelled and enticing.
They ambushed you in the gubernatorial ring.
Their pugilism were without valour,
For they fought as a cartel,
But your cartel has been the masses,
And on them you leaned.
Your strength is their strength,
And they gave you their power.
You lashed out and the entire universe,
Saw how they fell like a pile of empty sacks.
The umpire is corrupt;
He attempted re-writing the fate,
But God is the greatest umpire,
Umeadi means 'THOROUGH JUSTICE'
Adams is the 'DEMOCRATIC BULL'
Oshiomhole is the 'LABOUR LIBERATOR'
You are in human sense;
'THE MESSIAH OF THE MASSES'
Onwuasoanya FCC Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Oshiomhole (For Adams, the people's general) by Onwuasoanya FCC Jones )
- Time Is Not Staying In Place, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
- For Those Who Starve, Scott J. Shepard
- Gorgeous Girls, Scott J. Shepard
- Your Wet Eyelashes, Eyelids, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minor Keys, Scott J. Shepard
- My Forgotten Love, Gianni Pansensoy
- Social Reconstruction, Scott J. Shepard
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Love In The Guise Of Friendship, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)