Lawrence S. Pertillar
If one lacks desire to understand,
Another's culture or aspects of it...
What good is the interpretation,
Of a language unknown?
Especially if the people are distanced.
Like a painter who wishes to do it,
Without either the canvas or the paint.
To achieve what purpose is it one seeks?
A comprehension is not revealed,
Without one's committed involvement.
A clarity does not deliver through,
Osmotic approaches as some would choose.
Or one's maintaining of assumptions done.
Some want to have their experieces delivered.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Osmotic Approaches by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I am on the top, gajanan mishra
- Invocation, Hans Raj Sharma
- The tempest death, Akshansh Pandey
- MY POEMS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Let us feel the love, gajanan mishra
- Blind Owl, Nassy Fesharaki
- No number, gajanan mishra
- We Are Tourist, Aftab Alam
- Two Baldy Ladies, Neela Nath
- The Painter Rearranges the Mirrors (1415), Cole Swensen