James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
OTTAWA IS BUSY... APRIL 16TH,2013
OTTAWAIS BUSY … APRIL 16TH,2013
The Ottawa establishment is very busy; so take care,
No death-with-dignity for you or me so we better beware,
The Supreme Court denied Sue Rodriguez a long time ago,
Like most Canadians; you probably didn’t even know.
Binding referendums and proportional representation are banned,
By these Ottawa appointees who say all is good in this great land,
Is it possible the Liberals under Justin might win the next election?
Is it possible that death-with-dignity could be a connection?
It’s doubtful because MP Justin is part of the Ottawa elite,
But it would be great if he mentioned it while being discreet,
Even if he said it should be part of a provincial health plan.
He could then show that he is a real Ottawa front man.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20th,2014 by James Bredin )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley