Our 36th Wedding Anniversary
Oh! We have come across thirty six dark thorny streets hand-in-hand
And ultimately stranded here in the land of opportunity.
I shook the tall money tree in the back yard.
But only the decayed leaves fell leaving the ripen fruits on the tree top.
My beloved wife wants to make a love cake on this particular day.
And she search the money in her till.
She grumbled that I have stolen half of the collection for my aromatic cigars in vain.
There the mail came and were some greeting cards from Australia, Sri-Lanka & et cetera.
Our precious daughters and son-in-laws have sent some of their hard earned money.
We must be very grateful to our loved ones!
I whispered to my cock-a-hoop wife's ear; ' Darling leave the bourgeois love cake aside,
Buy a cheap bottle of wine and finish it to the bottom.
Then we could have a sound sleep on the couch
Dreaming of a better world to-morrow.
* The trouble is, old age is not interesting until one gets there.It's a foreign country with an unknown language to the young and even to the middle aged.
As we are now
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our 36th Wedding Anniversary by nimal dunuhinga )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Unbearable Loss Of Each Young Soldie.., Shalom Freedman
- Let Allah bless, hasmukh amathalal
- Get honestly, hasmukh amathalal
- In So Many Faces I Seek Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Surroundings, Somanathan Iyer
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah