No, you don’t owe us anything, dear children…
You came to this world when we wanted you in our life…
You are our gifts we are proud of and our pleasure to have you with us cannot be explained!
Good and bad we can just teach you a bit, the rest is for you to understand
The best is what we want for you…may the world be good with you, is our only concern…
But no, you don’t owe us anything, precious little things…
Go out, see the world and learn your ways…we know you will build your own sweet beautiful homes…
It’s a beautiful world…your father and I intend to see it more…
Places we travel, people we know…don’t you think it’s a wonderful idea dear ones?
Yes we are happy…we are free…
Just let us be, as we grow old…
And you too have your liberty!
Husna Amin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Our Children by Husna Amin )
- Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid