Our Deal With The Devil
Inside us lurks the vice
Seeking new ways
Finding new device,
To justify its need
And fallacy of virtue
It spreads like weed
Sounds like true!
We make a deal
With the invasive vice
Of our free will
We heed its advice.
Vice has a say
For whatever we strive
We need its easy way
We need it to survive.
Vice supple and smooth
Builds with us rapport
Virtue looks uncouth
Scary enough to abhor!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Deal With The Devil by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- THE MIND OF POET, kashif khan
- Spiritually Bound, Michael McParland
- Sky is red, Aftab Alam
- Musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TRUST, maharshi trivedi
- Alone in December, James Anthony Creamer
- Mind Albums, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Nerd's Way of Thinking, James Anthony Creamer
- Need, Akhtar Jawad
- A Poem for You, James Anthony Creamer
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 September 1907 – 3 September 1963)