Our Own Tea Party... Feb 24th,2014
We need control of our Ottawa politicians somehow,
Maybe a tea party or something that we ourselves allow,
We need binding referendums soon but how do we get them?
Pierre Trudeau’s Charter didn’t help and the media will condemn.
We need political recall of useless politicians,
And our appointed Senate elected despite our traditions,
We need compulsory voting to get us all out to vote,
They will delay everything and say that they’ll take a note.
And make Trudeau’s Charter of Rights for Canadians alone,
Not for all refugees in the world from every combat zone,
We need set-date elections for sure every four or five years,
And medically assisted death so that death brings no fears.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Own Tea Party... Feb 24th,2014 by James Bredin )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Spirit, Paul Moosberg
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Failure of Communion, Judith Wright
Poem of the Day
- To Mr. Blanchard, the Celebrated Aeronau.., Philip Freneau
- Sherman, Kim Barney
- If I Could, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Carol,, Luo Zhihai
- Santa, Nassy Fesharaki
- Boat race., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Shall I Compare Thee 2, Kim Barney
- Salt on Watermelon 2, Kim Barney
- I Know, I Believe, Kim Hilliker
- I Will, Michael P. McParland