Where we live?
We are living in a mysterious world
a world we do not know much about
How did this world exist?
When it was born?
How we came into being?
When we came into being?
What the future lay for us?
Does this world love us?
in what way?
How a world of pure matter
can show any love to us?
A world of no biological form
A world of oceans, heaven and land
no heart, no brain, no comprehension
Does this world sometimes hurt us?
Lightings and hurricanes
floodings and quakes
Famine and hunger
A world of beauty that lure us
Sunshine and gardens
and other times
an angry world
of dark skies, thunders and pouring rain
Oh this world we live in
Do we have to know you?
to understand you and enjoy our lives
or to shed a tear or two and keep going?
sherif monem's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our World by sherif monem )
- Achilles Awaking, Louis Borgo
- escape to free, Liffy Liu
- Am I the sun?, gajanan mishra
- Money Or Value, Louis Borgo
- Peace be unto you!, gajanan mishra
- No road sense, hasmukh amathalal
- goals II, douglas scotney
- Two Beautiful Glittering Stars, Aftab Alam
- Consoling Arms, Gerry Legister
- islamic state, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)