Out West... Feb 4th,2014
Could we have a referendum about a pipeline over a hill?
Who is running this show - activists or Canadian free will?
Is this issue so trivial that it cannot be discussed?
Or are we afraid that the activists might walk away in disgust?
Could we have a referendum about anything or are they banned?
Or is this subject considered politically no-man’s-land?
Can this subject be even mentioned in the Ottawa area?
Or might it cause some blatant political hysteria?
Or do the political activists make all decisions?
And after that; could we have some political revisions?
Because death-with-dignity and the pipeline can’t be discussed,
And the politically correct might look away in disgust.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Out West... Feb 4th,2014 by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death Of A Naturalist, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- Racquets in Two-More, douglas scotney
- Life is drizzling, Amit Mathur
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth