James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
Out West... Feb 4th,2014
Could we have a referendum about a pipeline over a hill?
Who is running this show - activists or Canadian free will?
Is this issue so trivial that it cannot be discussed?
Or are we afraid that the activists might walk away in disgust?
Could we have a referendum about anything or are they banned?
Or is this subject considered politically no-man’s-land?
Can this subject be even mentioned in the Ottawa area?
Or might it cause some blatant political hysteria?
Or do the political activists make all decisions?
And after that; could we have some political revisions?
Because death-with-dignity and the pipeline can’t be discussed,
And the politically correct might look away in disgust.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20th,2014 by James Bredin )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley