Over the Top
If I climbed any higher
I would become a cloud.
Thunder & lightning embraced me
Like a lost child. I cried out loud.
The land below was divided into parcels,
Fields of brown & green
Where the moisture abounded.
I waved upward & caught a lightningbolt
That I use as a fork
While partaking of crusty basalts.
Rocks were my lunch and stanchion,
Being stronger than I, having more passion.
Look, look, the sky is parting- -
There is the bright blue where I am going.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Over the Top by Stan Petrovich )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fairness!, Clarence Prince
- At Her Feet, Naveed Akram
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai
- Feel me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra
- selfie, ko the skipper