Overcoming Depression #1
Whenever I am feeling:
lonely, sad, or blue;
dear Heavenly Father,
I am free to seek
my solace from despair
Whenever I am so
fatiqued, I find
all the necessary
strength that I need.
Whenever sleep won't
come I need not count sheep
just praise the Lord for a
good night's sleep!
'When I'm worried and can not
sleep, I count my blessings
instead of sheep. And I fall
asleep counting my blessings.
When my bank roll is getting
small, I think of when I
had none at all. And I
fall asleep counting my blessings...'
Orginal version: April 17,2013
Revised version: April 27,2013
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Bing Crosbys song he sang during the musical White Christmas, which is one of the best classical movies of all time.
My Compass Health counselor, Greg Richardson, has been after me for a long period of time about writing a poem about over coming depression.
Hopefully this poem, and my tips about writing poetry as a self taught
poet will aid you in writing your own poetry.
Comments about this poem (Overcoming Depression #1 by Roxanne Dubarry )
- A Sorcerer Bids Farewell To Seem, Sylvia Plath
- I Dont Know Why...., Tony Adah
- All The Dead Dears, Sylvia Plath
- Finisterre, Sylvia Plath
- Love Is A Parallax, Sylvia Plath
- Alicante Lullaby, Sylvia Plath
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 80, Ronjoy Brahma
- Childless Woman, Sylvia Plath
- Inevitable Infiltration, Wood Nymph
- Aquatic Nocturne, Sylvia Plath