Overcoming Depression #2
Whenever I am feeling:
sad, lonely, or blue;
I close my eyes
my special friend, and
think of you. I have
complete freedom from despair,
whenever you are there by
my side, to lead and
guide my footsteps
in my life.
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I will answer my own question. Version number two was written for a publication called, 'The Voice, ' which is a secular newsletter published by The Cliff Bailey Peer Support Center at Compass Health. Therefore any references to God are not really allowed.
The reason why is very clear: the inproper useage of the 'Doctrine of Seperation of Church and State' even affects a mental health facility such as Compass Health. Isn't that terrible! I plan on correcting any spelling mistakes latter on.
Comments about this poem (Overcoming Depression #2 by Roxanne Dubarry )
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
- Watch, ramesh rai
- You Know I Do, Michael McParland
- Drowning, Neela Nath
- Where to go, gajanan mishra
- This African Woman, Anthony Seyi Abiodun
- My sky is not clear and blue, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Salvation, gajanan mishra
- beef, it's what boys like, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)