Owing to Eve
OF what is good and of what is bad,
The human race owes this knowledge to Eve.
By getting herself and Adam in fig leaves clad,
She was the first human Wisdom to conceive.
Alas! after that they were into a dilemma put
Between conservative hold and radical edification.
The libertine wanted to reject mythical root
And the ascetic to stand absurd predestination.
That is why even Noah’s descendants
Rebelled against God, building the Babel tower,
While the self-claimed Creator’s dependants,
Inquisitors, persecuted people to impose power.
We, today, have found no waters above the dome
(But many suns, the Big Bang, the Black Hole) !
Much older than six thousand years: Man’s home!
Organ implants, test tube babies: non-God’s role!
Determined not to use Wisdom to sham,
Humankind is to improve and perfect human life.
One should no longer remain as meek as a lamb
But follow Eve who has ventured that first stride.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Owing to Eve by Nhuan LeXuan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Waiting for someone, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Net of Death, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Man for Man, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lost Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Invisible wall, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mom, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Emergence from the Pack, william upton
- The Interior Design of Darkness, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The World Free From Hunger, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- A Farmer Daughter, Zillur Rahman Shuvro