April Dan Chi Ho
I was inspired from a melody which I heard by accident somewhere downtown in Coral Beach, Thailand. Then I wrote down some text based on the melody. It sounds weird but it is fun though.
Oy! Hopeless bird! Fly! Fly!
Fly! Hopeless bird! Fly! High!
You aren't barked in an oven.
You are not in a cage.
Just spread your wings and fly.
You will be alright! Just fly!
Oy! Worthless fish! Swim! Swim!
Swim! Worthless fish! Swim! Deep!
You are not fried in a pan.
You aren't in an aquarium.
Just lash your tail and swim.
You will be alright! Just swim!
Oy! Depressed girl! Run! Run!
Run! Depressed girl! Run! Fast!
You aren't written by anyone.
You are not in a novel.
Just stand on your feet and run.
You will be alright! Just run!
Life is a puzzle!
And you can always solve it!
Life is an adventure!
And you can always experience it!
Just fly! Hopeless bird! Fly! High!
Just swim! Worthless fish! Swim! Deep!
Just run! Depressed girl! Run! Fast!
AprilDC – August 2008 - Coral Beach, Pattaya
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Oy! by April Dan Chi Ho )
- A ship, hasmukh amathalal
- The Daughter of the Earth- 22, gajanan mishra
- The Daughter of the Earth - 21, gajanan mishra
- Self - Raising, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sunshine In Your Eyes, Eleonor Santiago
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
- The ball, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)