April Dan Chi Ho
I was inspired from a melody which I heard by accident somewhere downtown in Coral Beach, Thailand. Then I wrote down some text based on the melody. It sounds weird but it is fun though.
Oy! Hopeless bird! Fly! Fly!
Fly! Hopeless bird! Fly! High!
You aren't barked in an oven.
You are not in a cage.
Just spread your wings and fly.
You will be alright! Just fly!
Oy! Worthless fish! Swim! Swim!
Swim! Worthless fish! Swim! Deep!
You are not fried in a pan.
You aren't in an aquarium.
Just lash your tail and swim.
You will be alright! Just swim!
Oy! Depressed girl! Run! Run!
Run! Depressed girl! Run! Fast!
You aren't written by anyone.
You are not in a novel.
Just stand on your feet and run.
You will be alright! Just run!
Life is a puzzle!
And you can always solve it!
Life is an adventure!
And you can always experience it!
Just fly! Hopeless bird! Fly! High!
Just swim! Worthless fish! Swim! Deep!
Just run! Depressed girl! Run! Fast!
AprilDC – August 2008 - Coral Beach, Pattaya
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Oy! by April Dan Chi Ho )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Coach journey home, Mark Heathcote
- Another Barn Burns (don't call 911), Monk E. Biz
- Confirmation, Yuliy Valenko
- The bee Haiku, Sambanath Denis
- The Slight And Sorry Words, Sambanath Denis
- On A Painting, Sambanath Denis
- The Day Your Mother Kept For You, mary douglas
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray