pbDrawing My Lonely Drive/b/p
I'll draw (in color)
a picture of myself
driving my beat-up car.
All through busy
Tiny City streets
not going very far.
Black zigzag lines
The yellow tracks
dotted inside, show
where I've been
passed every block (twice) .
Still, my lil-car (color of smoke) runs
rearview showing…déjà vu.
Picture me inside
sad Spanish songs
in broken-notes (blue)
rising from the old radio
escaping out open windows
into the sky.
My crayola night
in Tiny City ends,
where it begins,
Behind a red light—stuck
hoping to find
that road I've never seen
that makes the world seem…big.
Oscar Velazquez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (pbDrawing My Lonely Drive/b/p by Oscar Velazquez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
Poem of the Day
- Dear Katleho, Matthias Pantaleon
- Therapy in America at Christmas in 2014, Bill Grace
- Lost, Paul Sebastian
- Farewell 2014, Paul Sebastian
- The Right Religion, Kevin Forbes
- Miles away, hannah wilbert
- (8) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- A life unexamined, Robert Plese
- Dying, Dipankar Chakraborty
- Quotation # 5, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..