Bonnie B Long
Pain surrounds you day to day
Nothing helps make it go away
Pain in muscles pain in joints
Pain so bad in trigger points.
Pain that comes and pain that goes
Pain that keeps you on your toes.
Pain that people think is in your head
Not filling your body with excrucitiating pain instead.
People look at you as if you're insane
Like you are not, wracked with pain
Like that spot up close is NOT for you
When it really is so what are you supposed to do.
Living with pain that others don't understand
Living with pain you'd like banned
Living in a hell you'd like to leave
Living without a life you'd like to weave.
One of love of pain free days
One of living in all kinds of ways
One of a life not filled with pain or stress
One of a life that's not a mess.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain by Bonnie B Long )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Lucy Gray, or Solitude, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Well-Worn Story, Dorothy Parker
Poem of the Day
- Goodnight Sweet Love 3, Michael P. McParland
- Undercurrent, Asma Riaz Khan
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..