Oh! Darling, you're leaving tomorrow.
You’ll no longer be at the reach of my cuddling hands.
I heard that you’ve found a new hive, a rainbow,
A beautiful nest and a sapphire in the sand.
Oh! Now it is pouring somewhere
That I can neither touch nor see.
I am damned, hopeless like a prisoner.
My spirit is down, low, pale and sick.
I feel sad and alone in this coffer.
I will no longer see your shadow,
Your image, your gestures and your smile.
I will no longer hear your laughter, your echo.
I will no longer inhale the aroma of your style.
Oh! God, I feel sick in my stomach, I feel flat.
I will no longer be able to feel your rhythm and your tempo.
I will no longer witnessing you laboring like a cat.
Tomorrow everything will be bleak, strange and different.
In the hollow of my eardrums, only the songs remain,
With the sole purpose of calming the uproar, which blurs my silence,
My life, my peace and indeed my reason for being and living.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Patroness, Madonna by Hebert Logerie )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Down and Dirty, Buddy Bee Anthony
- I Never, Sergi Dutronc
- Love for everyone, Andy Sayasone
- Storage Unit Auction, Saiom Shriver
- Space Framed Beauty, Saiom Shriver
- Unhealthy Love, Sergi Dutronc
- Miracle Making, Saiom Shriver
- Purpose, Passion, Faith & Love, Tom Zart
- Death Or Life, Saiom Shriver
- Discovery, Phil Soar