Oh! Darling, you're leaving tomorrow.
You’ll no longer be at the reach of my cuddling hands.
I heard that you’ve found a new hive, a rainbow,
A beautiful nest and a sapphire in the sand.
Oh! Now it is pouring somewhere
That I can neither touch nor see.
I am damned, hopeless like a prisoner.
My spirit is down, low, pale and sick.
I feel sad and alone in this coffer.
I will no longer see your shadow,
Your image, your gestures and your smile.
I will no longer hear your laughter, your echo.
I will no longer inhale the aroma of your style.
Oh! God, I feel sick in my stomach, I feel flat.
I will no longer be able to feel your rhythm and your tempo.
I will no longer witnessing you laboring like a cat.
Tomorrow everything will be bleak, strange and different.
In the hollow of my eardrums, only the songs remain,
With the sole purpose of calming the uproar, which blurs my silence,
My life, my peace and indeed my reason for being and living.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Patroness, Madonna by Hebert Logerie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- I'm Glad That Miracle is You (Kyrielle P.., Cynthia BuhainBaello
- My Place, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Portrait of Life (Cinquain), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Anxiety, Aydia Thompson
- Words (Cinquain), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Rocking chair, Emmanuel chibuike
- Riverside (Cinquain), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Demure (Ottava Rima Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Poetry liberated me, Ananta Madhavan
- Giver of The Pen (Ottava Rima Stanza Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello