PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
Peace has gone to pieces!
Buddha, peace has lost its charm.
Peace has lost its way in heavy traffic;
hog-driving and snarl-up in a pitch melting road.
Peace is dumb before deafening DJ in midnight merriment.
Peace is broken into pieces by non-stop slogans
of lay-off workers, stripped women and so many;
victims of domestic violence and let-down lashed egos.
Peace too must fear AK-47 and 3 not 3 deadly cartridges;
playmates of serpent militias and hushed extremist mines.
Peace is nowhere; neither in wealth nor in poverty.
If a mind has two wide open eyes and soul awake
all the little attained peace will lose its meaning....
Buddha, this head bows before your holiness
but peace now sounds merely another leap-service!
PARTHA SARATHI PAUL's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Peace has gone to pieces! by PARTHA SARATHI PAUL )
- Gray Tears, herbert guitang
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.49, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.48, Monk E. Biz
- Pysch essay 1, imani halley
- Recollections, SALINI NAIR
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.47, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.46, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.45, Monk E. Biz
- A Poets View Of Modern Life, Yohan Confectioner
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.44, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns