Lawrence S. Pertillar
People Do Make Mistakes
Sometimes people do make mistakes.
I've made some.
And who has not made a few?
But not knowingly at the expense of others.
And those who excuse these activities done,
As errors made unconsciously...
With proclamations for a wish to be forgiven,
Need to know how it feels to receive payback.
Directed and unmistakable.
And inflicted with the ease in which they were made.
With a consciousness applied and lessons taught.
To awaken anyone daring to use these excuses in the future.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (People Do Make Mistakes by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Holi, Angela Wybrow
- A Special Bond, leanne royle
- Your Initiative, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- To Want With Wishes It More Lived, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Kept Best, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ROUND AND ROUND, Peter LeBuhn
- God's Gift To You!, Denis Martindale
- Voices, stephen awuni
- Cost Less, stephen awuni
- My Past Governs Me, Ian Paisnel
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)