I loved you so much.
Achieving you was my sole purpose in life
my obsession for you was such.
To have you I toiled hard.
but for my love you had no regard.
When I reached close, u moved farther away,
u kept eluding me always
U never realized, for me to do everything right was really hard
Your indifference to my love, left my heart deeply scarred
U thought me to be just flesh and blood
and made me think that way too
to u it seemed degrading
that a mere mortal may have you.
I realized I was just a man and it was my nature to mistake
knowing that I couldn't have u so, made my heart break.
I directed towards my fellow beings all the love that I had
I became a vessel of love, it flowed through me and I was glad.
All my faults, my shortcomings didn't matter anymore
I felt heavenly,
I realized I was not just this body, I was something more.
O perfection, I see, u have started losing your identity
I have become what perfection is, and u r morphing into me.
But I realize this is not something new
Of course, I was the one who created you.
All along I was the perfect one
and my perception of what u were, was just an illusion.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Once I was thinking over life's purpose, love and what should be one's attitude in life and when I felt I came across a plausible answer I started feeling good about myself and kind of felt a high. I wrote this poem to capture that feeling.
Comments about this poem (Perfection by Akshay Agrawal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Ahmed Nadeem Qasmi
(20 November 1916 - 10 July 2006)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
Poem of the Day
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser
- She Stuck Her Butt Out At Me..., wanderer sailor
- Nine Views of the Huangshan, Paul Hartal
- Trying to Say Goodbye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Autumn, Leong Ming Loong
- Colors, Tom Squires
- वक्त का तकाजा है vakt ka takaaja hai, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lesson Learnt, Leong Ming Loong
- Pleasantries (Ghazal), Akhtar Jawad