You can call me a Petri dish,
Named for a guy who thought me up.
Bacteria watch was his wish -
So me, a flattened see through cup.
Just serious science at first,
Bacteria culture the aim,
But then other uses forth burst:
What's in your belly button game,
Amazing art work medium,
A vessel for lumps of boozed Jello,
Spot to grow Petri burgers - yum,
A Google doodle - doncha know!
If Doc Petri could see me now,
All grown up, multi tasking - wow!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Petri Dish by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar
- I don't know what to think of it, shubham sutar
- you lives in me, shubham sutar
- I broke your heart, shubham sutar
- I APOLGIZE FOR YOU انا بعتذرلك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- art uncle jude, binod bastola