You can call me a Petri dish,
Named for a guy who thought me up.
Bacteria watch was his wish -
So me, a flattened see through cup.
Just serious science at first,
Bacteria culture the aim,
But then other uses forth burst:
What's in your belly button game,
Amazing art work medium,
A vessel for lumps of boozed Jello,
Spot to grow Petri burgers - yum,
A Google doodle - doncha know!
If Doc Petri could see me now,
All grown up, multi tasking - wow!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Petri Dish by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- It is what it is, The Princess
- hey stickshift, it's like this..., Mandolyn ...
- Dreams, Tony Adah
- Godlike, Lawrence Beck
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell