A window box replete with flowery grace
Now blossoms by her bedroom, petals bend
Now east, now west as gusty signals send
Indications, perfumed puffs puffs chase.
Each flower seems reflection of fair face,
Softly sweet, whose charms all beauty blend,
Perfection Time can’t mar, thus must befriend,
Enchanted by bright smile. Eternal trace
Too beautiful for words which would embrace
Unconsciously wide world which knows no end.
Neatly from Past to Future must it wend
Its way through time as truth none would efface.
A floral tribute perfumes one whose heart
Seems like fair blossoms, beauty set apart!
27 July 1992 robi3_1358_robi3_0000
Acrostic Sonnet Annie's Petunias
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Petunias by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Concertina Wire, Kyle Schlicher
- Letër tim biri., skender iljaz braka
- Soggy, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Garbage Poems, Kyle Schlicher
- DANDELION, Lilly Emery
- Travelling Day, Nijith Cherian
- I Love You, K.J. Jackson
- Who What Went Where Why How, Proud SugarBoe
- My Salvation, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Handsome Guys And Crocodiles, Margaret Alice Second