PGA & NFL No Tax? That’s a Fact?
Two of the world’s biggest sports entities will pay Zero Tax,
Multi-Billion dollars in yearly revenue to corporate Fat Cats,
Known as The National Football League and The PGA Tour,
Supposedly giving millions to charities should there be more?
PGA $200 million in the past 20 years, NFL $368 in 40 years,
Hold on, just wait before drying your eyes from thankful tears,
Whereas revenue $$$$ generated in that span is in the billions,
Therefore these donated amounts are actually measly millions.
Charities spend more on prizes and catering than on sick kids,
One PGA event caused the loss on 4.5 million it certainly did,
A 2-year period no economic development but country clubs,
Don’t forget the likes of tour professionals and their pay stubs.
On average about 16% is spent on actual charity & under the # 65,
Which is far below the amount needed to slap a successful High-5,
Watchdog group, “Charity Navigator” gives them a, “zero rating, ”
The lion’s share of the loot goes to athletes & they are not waiting.
Congressional Leaders work half a day & to the golf carts they go,
With the most sought after ticket in sports is at The Super Bowl,
PGA Spokesman Ty Votaw & Tour officials admit the sum is low,
However, claiming what’s more important is the bottom line. Oh?
Questioning non-profit status is disingenuous regarding the amount,
Well, actually no, when it averages less than 20% of the total count,
Votaw said, “It’s not a bake sale” true that because they give 100%,
And there’s no country club where bakers have to pay 1st class rent.
Tournaments are major undertakings far beyond the time of volunteers,
Unlike $$$ for Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders amidst hometown cheers,
Personally, the one thing I like about golf is how their players get paid,
There are no contracts or signing bonuses but how well you have played.
Now, a handful of politicians want the IRS to partake of the revenue,
Yet you do not have to count your thumbs because they are very few,
May government intervention insure the right things should be done?
LOL! About as sure as Charles Barkley is likely to hit a hole-in-one.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PGA & NFL No Tax? That’s a Fact? by Luke Easter )
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Day In the Workhouse, George Robert Sims
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- '' Death Can't Be Undone '', bri mar
- Ravenna, Edward Kofi Louis
- Breath, beneath!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rosy (Ten), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Merry Christmas My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- See, seer!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Obligated, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rosy (Nine), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Rosy (Eight), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- to be or not to be a vegtarianien, oskar hansen