Cowboy Poems - Poems For Cowboy
Poems about cowboy. You can read the best cowboy poems. Browse through all cowboy poems.
Hellbound Train - Poem by Anonymous Americas
A Texas cowboy lay down on a barroom floor,
Having drunk so much he could drink no more;
So he fell asleep with a troubled brain
To dream that he rode on a hell-bound train.
The engine with murderous blood was damp
And was brilliantly lit with a brimstone lamp;
An imp, for fuel, was shoveling bones,
While the furnace rang with a thousand groans.
The boiler was filled with lager beer
And the devil himself was the engineer;
The passengers were a most motly crew-
Church member, atheist, Gentile, and Jew,
Rich men in broadcloth, beggers in rags,
Handsome young ladies, and withered old hags,
Yellow and black men, red, brown, and white,
All chained together-O God, what a site!
While the train rushed on at an awful pace-
The sulphurous fumes scorched their hands and face;
Wider and wider the country grew,
As faster and faster the engine flew.
Louder and louder the thunder crashed
And brighter and brighter the lightning flashed;
Hotter and hotter the air became
Till the clothes were burned from each quivering frame.
And out of the distance there arose a yell,
'Ha, ha,' said the devil, 'we're nearing hell!'
Then oh, how the passengers all shrieked with pain
And begged the devil to stop the train.
But he capered about and danced for glee,
And laughed and joked at their misery.
'My faithful friends, you have done the work
And the devil never can a payday shirk.
'You've bullied the weak, you've robbed the poor,
The starving brother you've turned from the door;
You've laid up gold where the canker rust,
And have given free vent to your beastly lust.
'You've justice scorned, and corruption sown,
And trampled the laws of nature down.
You have drunk, rioted, cheated, plundered, and lied,
And mocked at God in your hell-born pride.
'You have paid full fair, so I'll carry you through,
For it's only right you should have your due.
Why, the laborer always expects his hire,
So I'll land you safe in the lake of fire,
'Where your flesh will waste in the flames that roar,
And my imps torment you forevermore.'
Then the cowboy awoke with an anguished cry,
His clothes wet with sweat and his hair standing high
Then he prayed as he never had prayed till that hour
To be saved from his sin and the demon's power;
And his prayers and his vows were not in vain,
For he never road the hell-bound train.
Poems About Cowboy
- 1. Hellbound Train , Anonymous Americas
- 2. What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up? , Stanley Cooper
- 3. A Cowboy Song , Marilyn Lott
- 4. Playin' Cowboy (Children) , C.J. Heck
- 5. Polly In A Porny , Shel Silverstein
- 6. The Loving Shepherdess , Robinson Jeffers
- 7. The Cowboy Life , Linda Ori
- 8. Christmas Comes But Once A Year. , Michael Gale
- 9. Bull Rider , Bill Simmons
- 10. Band Concert , Carl Sandburg
- 11. Cows' Revenge , George Hunter
- 12. An Old Cowboy From Texas (Limerick) , Juan Olivarez
- 13. A Bush-El Of Lies , Stanley Cooper
- 14. Zz Border Collies Dilemma Or Lessons Of .. , Mary Havran
- 15. Cowboys And Angels , Marilyn Lott
- 16. My Old Hat , Smoky Hoss
- 17. Cowboy In Love, Lost & Alone , Tom Zart
- 18. Cowboy Hat , Juan Olivarez
- 19. Campfire Meal , Marilyn Lott
- 20. Micky The Tricky , John Thorkild Ellison
- 21. John Wayne , Robert Rorabeck
- 22. Music's Twins , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 23. Wings Into The Rain , Dr subhendu kar
- 24. ***the Dream Watchers*** , Ian Bowen
- 25. Life Of A Cowboy , Marilyn Lott
- 26. A Cowboy From Down Pecos Way (Limerick) , Juan Olivarez
- 27. Cowboy Texas Haiku , Charles Hice
- 28. Free Graze * , Is It Poetry
- 29. Living Each Moment , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 30. The Birth Of The Rail , Ambrose Bierce
- 31. Thoughts From A Former Cowboy-Kid , Smoky Hoss
- 32. Cowboy Vs Bull! , Marilyn Lott
- 33. I Am A Cowboy In The Boat Of Ra , Ishmael Reed
- 34. A Little Cowboy Church , Marilyn Lott
- 35. Cowboys Day , Bill Simmons
- 36. Puddles Of Music , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 37. Wot! Christmas Poems Already! Yes! Comin.. , Dónall Dempsey
- 38. 'An Old School Valentine' , Linda Winchell
- 39. Church Without A Steeple , David Darbyshire
- 40. Proverbs , gershon hepner
- 41. I Like The Feel , Patrick White
- 42. Tom Zart's = Cowboy Code & Little Baby , Tom Zart
- 43. Cowboy , George Hunter
- 44. Cowboy Ballads , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 45. 3. Four Visions Regarding Us Election 2008 , O Anna Niemus
- 46. By The River , oskar hansen
- 47. Cowboy Boots , Michael Crawford
- 48. My Heros Used To Be Cowboys , JAMES T. ADAIR
- 49. 'I Married A Cowboy' , Linda Winchell
- 50. Boy-Cowboy , Tsira Gogeshvili
New Cowboy Poems
- Charasmitc Cowboy, Cambridge Keenan
- Are You My Cowboy, Katherine Kay Graven
- Silly Billy, lee fones
- Cowboy, lee fones
- Cowgirl Baby, Kelly Zion
- Your Arms, Kelly Zion
- Cowboy Hat Baseball Cap, mark glaser
- The Ballad Of Cowboy Bob, David Burton Richardson
- Kitty In A Cowboy Hat, Kelly Zion
- Freedom Loving Cowboy, oskar hansen
- carpe diem