Poem Celebrating 50 Years
My dear, ‘twas fifty years ago when we first met
on a trip to Stratford that I'll never forget.
When as a sweet girl of fourteen you caught my eye
and love first began its great work in this old guy.
Today we dined together and were reminiscing
and we praised God for each years' wonderful blessing.
Then we sat by the canal in the bright moonlight
holding hands like two lovers sitting in God's sight.
Time has passed by and how quickly the years have flown
and God has blessed us greatly as our love has grown.
I am so glad that I have married you my dear
and shared the experience of each passing year.
Royston Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem Celebrating 50 Years by Royston Allen )
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver
- Crawl, Singleton M. Tate
- Lustful Love, Priscilla Colon
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.2, Singleton M. Tate