Jimmy L. Lyons
Poem of Praise
Oh Lord, strengthen me according to your Word.
Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
My lips shall utter praise, my tongue shall speak of your Word.
Your Word is sweeter than honey in my mouth.
Lord, you have done great things for us and we are glad.
As the streams flow to the sea, those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
I will sing songs of praise to you, Lord.
I will praise you with my whole heart.
When people hear your Word, they shall sing praises to you.
When I wake every morning I sing praises to you, Lord.
I shout joyfully to the rock of my salvation, and I triumph in your glory.
I pray that you will open my eyes each day, that I may see your wondrous works.
Jimmy L. Lyons's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem of Praise by Jimmy L. Lyons )
- Nje portret dashurie kam mbetur..., skender iljaz braka
- Escape From - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Heartless Souls, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- سأعطيك النهار الجميل, مالك حداد
- Everyday Options, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- يجب أن نقتل الليل, مالك حداد
- Is any other God equal to Thillai Sabapa.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- World Of Our Own, Adewale Ajakanri
- Metaphor of life, SALINI NAIR
- The flouted wealth, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Sunday Morning, Louis Macneice
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)