Jimmy L. Lyons
Poem of Praise
Oh Lord, strengthen me according to your Word.
Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
My lips shall utter praise, my tongue shall speak of your Word.
Your Word is sweeter than honey in my mouth.
Lord, you have done great things for us and we are glad.
As the streams flow to the sea, those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
I will sing songs of praise to you, Lord.
I will praise you with my whole heart.
When people hear your Word, they shall sing praises to you.
When I wake every morning I sing praises to you, Lord.
I shout joyfully to the rock of my salvation, and I triumph in your glory.
I pray that you will open my eyes each day, that I may see your wondrous works.
Jimmy L. Lyons's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem of Praise by Jimmy L. Lyons )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth
- The Sorry Band-Aid, william upton
- Odia Poem- SATHI, Jitendra seth
- Odia Poem- BAPA, Jitendra seth
- Every Writer's Tale, Hebert Logerie
- At this time, hasmukh amathalal
- RAINBOW, RAJNI CHHABRA