Poetry In The 21st Century
So what is this poem about?
- It's about a butterfly…
But what does the butterfly stand for?
- The butterfly is a butterfly.
No, there must be something more.
- Why can't it be a butterfly?
Maybe it represents the fragility of life.
- Is that even a word?
Maybe it's saying we need to spread our wings.
- Or maybe it means butterflies are pretty.
Oh I know: a metaphor for the Spanish inquisition!
- That doesn't even make sense.
Sure, why else would the butterfly be yellow and red?
- Because those are the colors of the butterfly!
Or does the antennae represent the Batista...
- … I hate you.
Patrick Kemspke's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetry In The 21st Century by Patrick Kemspke )
- Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid