Poetry In The 21st Century
So what is this poem about?
- It's about a butterfly…
But what does the butterfly stand for?
- The butterfly is a butterfly.
No, there must be something more.
- Why can't it be a butterfly?
Maybe it represents the fragility of life.
- Is that even a word?
Maybe it's saying we need to spread our wings.
- Or maybe it means butterflies are pretty.
Oh I know: a metaphor for the Spanish inquisition!
- That doesn't even make sense.
Sure, why else would the butterfly be yellow and red?
- Because those are the colors of the butterfly!
Or does the antennae represent the Batista...
- … I hate you.
Patrick Kemspke's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetry In The 21st Century by Patrick Kemspke )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Two Boys in my Life, Minerva Montecalvo
- I am a Plate of Rice, Minerva Montecalvo
- Simply Me, Minerva Montecalvo
- Moves On, Socheata Mok
- Irom I Miss You, Lalit Kaira
- The Treasures I Have, Minerva Montecalvo
- If I were a pet, Nassy Fesharaki
- Comforts in the dark, Mark Heathcote
- Million Billion Dollar Elite Divorce Cou.., Terence G. Craddock
- Prophet, Nassy Fesharaki