Poetry In The 21st Century
So what is this poem about?
- It's about a butterfly…
But what does the butterfly stand for?
- The butterfly is a butterfly.
No, there must be something more.
- Why can't it be a butterfly?
Maybe it represents the fragility of life.
- Is that even a word?
Maybe it's saying we need to spread our wings.
- Or maybe it means butterflies are pretty.
Oh I know: a metaphor for the Spanish inquisition!
- That doesn't even make sense.
Sure, why else would the butterfly be yellow and red?
- Because those are the colors of the butterfly!
Or does the antennae represent the Batista...
- … I hate you.
Comments about this poem (Poetry In The 21st Century by Patrick Kemspke )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley