Poetry In The 21st Century
So what is this poem about?
- It's about a butterfly…
But what does the butterfly stand for?
- The butterfly is a butterfly.
No, there must be something more.
- Why can't it be a butterfly?
Maybe it represents the fragility of life.
- Is that even a word?
Maybe it's saying we need to spread our wings.
- Or maybe it means butterflies are pretty.
Oh I know: a metaphor for the Spanish inquisition!
- That doesn't even make sense.
Sure, why else would the butterfly be yellow and red?
- Because those are the colors of the butterfly!
Or does the antennae represent the Batista...
- … I hate you.
Patrick Kemspke's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetry In The 21st Century by Patrick Kemspke )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rainbow, SALINI NAIR
- The Color Inside My World, Mikey Bachman
- Haiku #4, Eric Micha'el Leventhal
- My Ramdan, My Repentance, Ahamad Ilyaas Vilayathullah
- She in Desert, Akhtar Jawad
- A bucket of paint, Piyush Dey
- Value be given, gajanan mishra
- Egypt, Tony Adah
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola