My memories are quite alive and poignant,
At times argue with me like a child defiant.
These are my memories, results of my deeds,
Hard to get rid of them as my loneliness needs.
Good memories come and go but leave me aglow,
Bad memories are there to give tormenting blow.
Sometime my present tries to bury baddies deep,
But difficult to maneuver such an ugly big heap.
Love is the only scrub to curb the haunting past,
My mind will rapaciously fill good ones to last.
Heart cannot act as per the logical wit of mind,
It can easily be broken by words spoken unkind.
No remedy except love for a mortal mankind,
Forced into deep trauma of neglect so blind.
Will she ever love me again to bring delight?
Or I will be a plaything of memories blight.
Let the Lord not be my bystander but guardian,
I will come out a winner being his astute minion.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poignant memories by Diwakar Bhatt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- An Ode To Brave Warrior From A Bleeding .., Geetha Jayakumar
- Ripples Of Smiles!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Line!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Night Waitress, Lynda Hull
- Lakeer!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Tide of Voices, Lynda Hull
- Two Sides, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cold come the days..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- sad love song..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- <<< Learning, Abdul Wahab