Lawrence S. Pertillar
You're not going to 'hit' this and leave!
To splurge your whims and urges.
Without your 'fixes'...
I have been encouraged!
Those days have gone with the grief...
I need not revisit,
To satisfy a passing temptation,
You wish to release.
I have not missed that unhappiness,
Or will I give what 'was'...
Another chance to regret,
In suspicions planted to tease.
Those sleepless nights
Have long gone from here.
And so has your hold on me!
No pointless reappearance,
Can forgive the tears...
That fell for years
From my cleared eyes!
I've risen from the depths,
Of a promised love I have not yet seen.
You said would come when you came.
But you left just rain...
To pour and pour,
To soak and demean!
And I do not contemplate another draught!
I am with sunlight that brightens my life.
And I cherish that without you on the scene!
Consider your affect on me,
As being blotted out!
Removed from shoulders I carried about.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pointless Reappearance by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- My English Sucks ….. [ENGLISH (&quo.., Bri Edwards
- The Fairytale Stories Will Emerge, mary douglas
- Someday On The Page Where The Monsters A.., mary douglas
- My True Friends And Readers, Lilly Emery
- Two Hearts As One, Noah Body
- The Dolls Have Preceded Us All, mary douglas
- Awaken Sleepy One, Shanika marini Paul
- It Broke My Heart To Leave You, Elia Michael
- The one that got away, Tammy Ashton
- Back to my Gypsy Mode, Nalini Chaturvedi