Lawrence S. Pertillar
You're not going to 'hit' this and leave!
To splurge your whims and urges.
Without your 'fixes'...
I have been encouraged!
Those days have gone with the grief...
I need not revisit,
To satisfy a passing temptation,
You wish to release.
I have not missed that unhappiness,
Or will I give what 'was'...
Another chance to regret,
In suspicions planted to tease.
Those sleepless nights
Have long gone from here.
And so has your hold on me!
No pointless reappearance,
Can forgive the tears...
That fell for years
From my cleared eyes!
I've risen from the depths,
Of a promised love I have not yet seen.
You said would come when you came.
But you left just rain...
To pour and pour,
To soak and demean!
And I do not contemplate another draught!
I am with sunlight that brightens my life.
And I cherish that without you on the scene!
Consider your affect on me,
As being blotted out!
Removed from shoulders I carried about.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pointless Reappearance by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(30 June 1911 – 14 August 2004)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Question, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Elevated Insight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Teach them to love, Lubinda Lubinda
- Beyond The Ordinary, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the comical dilemma with commas, Bull Hawking
- Hitler: A Life Immersed in Hypocrisy, Paul Hartal
- Creative Interests, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Villanelle: No curse worse than the plac.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Sense Of Fulfillment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- here workin' for hugs on Christmas eve, Bull Hawking
- Poetry of the Stars, Shahrokh Sharifrazy