Lawrence S. Pertillar
You're not going to 'hit' this and leave!
To splurge your whims and urges.
Without your 'fixes'...
I have been encouraged!
Those days have gone with the grief...
I need not revisit,
To satisfy a passing temptation,
You wish to release.
I have not missed that unhappiness,
Or will I give what 'was'...
Another chance to regret,
In suspicions planted to tease.
Those sleepless nights
Have long gone from here.
And so has your hold on me!
No pointless reappearance,
Can forgive the tears...
That fell for years
From my cleared eyes!
I've risen from the depths,
Of a promised love I have not yet seen.
You said would come when you came.
But you left just rain...
To pour and pour,
To soak and demean!
And I do not contemplate another draught!
I am with sunlight that brightens my life.
And I cherish that without you on the scene!
Consider your affect on me,
As being blotted out!
Removed from shoulders I carried about.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pointless Reappearance by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar