I went on a school fieldtrip to
The capitol of U.S.A.
To see what politicians do,
And hear what politicians say.
One night while in the hotel, bored,
I called a number overheard
That politicians did afford
For help on not keeping their word.
At first surprised and then so not,
And only 50 cents per call,
As to the party that I got,
And then I made sense of it all.
To make a phone call from D.C.
Is just a local call - hell be.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Politalks by Ima Ryma )
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal
- Fast Women Speedily Breathing, Luva Boy
- With contentment, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Mini-Apolis, Von Kimball Barney
- NO TIME WASTED, Peter LeBuhn
- Our World, Claude H Oliver II