I went on a school fieldtrip to
The capitol of U.S.A.
To see what politicians do,
And hear what politicians say.
One night while in the hotel, bored,
I called a number overheard
That politicians did afford
For help on not keeping their word.
At first surprised and then so not,
And only 50 cents per call,
As to the party that I got,
And then I made sense of it all.
To make a phone call from D.C.
Is just a local call - hell be.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Politalks by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Bengal Tiger in Trouble, rohan bendre
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen