James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
POLITICALLY CORRECT POLITICIANS MAR 12TH 2011
If we had compulsory voting, we would eventually get there,
You are forbidden to think about this or even compare,
Our politicians just love the present first-past-the-post,
Where the combined opposition always have many more votes.
And folks who refuse or fail to vote should get a substantial fine,
On their next year’s tax return which they cannot refuse or decline,
And binding referendums should come up for compulsory debate,
Though the politically correct will always say it’s too late.
And our future deaths-with-dignity should also be discussed,
Assisted suicide will not disappear like a cloud of dust,
If they can do it in Oregon and Switzerland, why not here?
What do politically correct politicians have to fear?
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20th,2014 by James Bredin )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley