Popeye The Marine
Some people call me ruff….
Because I never forget that can,
It makes not typical a man
As I eat me spinach….
That gives me a strong Marine Image….
I am the guardian of three things; what is good and right….
And sweet pea, that leads me to protect them will all my might….
Yes there is only one woman in my life ….
That is Olive Oil and I will protect her against any one in any strife….
I am not here to play a sailor because some of them look kind of fruitay….
This why I am here to be a US Marine and I am going to be that way….
There is only one true Enemy that wants to challenge me in any form….
But when he does, he always feels sorry because he feels like he Stuck in a storm….
Yes, that person is Bluto, who is a real bloke….
Who at times I want to just choke….
Because I am Popeye the Marine man….
Who is strong to the finish….
Even if I do or do not eat my spinach….
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
by Frank Pulver Sept 13,2013
Comments about this poem (Popeye The Marine by Frank Pulver )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Untitle II, Seira LNlee94
- Robbin Williams - RIP, krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- Body and Spirit, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Abiding In Forgiveness, Mwenyeji Spikes
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Other Side of the Gun, Vince Rogers
- Cruelty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My day in winter, Tiku akp
- The Inner Vault, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Written Soul, Christina de Vries