Portrait of Calliope
Your'e an alchemy of stardust,
with science in your hair.
Your absence is a presence,
when I turn but your'e not there.
Your'e a ghost divine created.
You haunt in flickering light.
A mirage of timeless space,
that brings me sleepless nights.
My desires, they unfold in you,
as flowers in spring rain,
and without you.
I die each time.
Only to start again.
And so my muse,
tell me the truth,
but alas you cannot,
the closer I get to you.
The further we are
Willis Martyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Portrait of Calliope by Willis Martyn )
- Blossoming Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Result of chemistry, gajanan mishra
- Living By His Grace, Gbolagade Taiwo
- To See This Giant, David McLansky
- Atmosphere Of Delight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Raggle, Frank Avon
- A New Light Bulb, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Loving An Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ostrich - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Nothing is faulty, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)