I threw myself on the bed, my legs dangled down with no energy.
Dark thoughts pool in the brain and my heart is angry.
I know you hate me and you want me dead
I just know it! … I saw what you did!
I heard what you said!
Hurtful words, like a sharp knife stabbed my heart!
Life weighing heavy on my heart.
This voice, not only will it believe me
It'll also try to convince me that the situation is much worse.
I lay motionless with an aching in my head.
O, I'm hanging on by a thread!
Every day I die a little more inside.
No one notices, no one seems to mind.
Let me die... Praying to be relieved of the burden of existence.
Let me die... Bring the peace of mind, bring the silence.
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Potent painkiller by Sameera Alshaikh )
- All are mine, gajanan mishra
- Our Air, Foster Teegarden
- I wear a sweater now, The Princess
- Morning Triku V, Steve Kittell
- To My Love, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Scrutinized As Being Abusive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sting, Foster Teegarden
- Some Ghoul, Foster Teegarden
- the man of christmas, Faith Taylors
- My Description, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)