The voice in my head is depleted of strength, it won't talk back.
Sadness... the mask starts to crack.
These thoughts and unspoken questions never got me anywhere.
I want to leave, but I'm not strong enough to escape the cage of despair.
I'm Trapped... O, here I go again
Unnamed feelings - I'm choking in pain.
Tears falling, none to be seen, deep into the blackness.
How to overcome the feelings of hopelessness?
I'm starting to question my own sanity!
Is it sane to question your own sanity?
As long as I question my sanity I'm still sane, right?
All these damn thoughts occupy my mind.
No surprise that my wounds gotten worse!
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sour times by Sameera Alshaikh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Have Been Called, Lilly Emery
- Smoke Without Fire, Ejalonibu Abraham
- Weeds and Blooms, Donal Mahoney
- <<<<Twist and turn, Abdul Wahab
- <<<<<my mother land, Abdul Wahab
- Smell of sweat, gajanan mishra
- << Potherb of love, Abdul Wahab
- Cats Like Denny, Dexsta Ray
- <<< I dare you all, Abdul Wahab
- إلى صديقة خائفة, نزار قباني