Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
Praises of the Petal
Ruby petals under the golden sun,
The boabab that gets better by the ages,
Rhythm of the flower whistled song.
Essence of gold and light of diamond,
Book of warmth of countless pages,
Red of the rose, green of the almond.
what luck my heart did make me have,
the joy I see and the way I seek,
the beat of my heart and the love that I have.
And this I'd say over and over again,
with loud, loving, late night whispers,
to turn your pains to a dream tale,
where you in my arms our boat sails
us kissing, under the clear full moon.
Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Praises of the Petal by Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa )
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
- we never did go bowling, Mandolyn ...
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
- Sharp Is The Bite, Donald R Charon
- Erato my Muse of love poetry. (Part 2), Erato
- Headache, Foster Teegarden
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)