Pretty Blue Eyes
While waiting in the Emergency Room,
His heart was filled with terror.
His daughter was having heart surgery,
When the doctors screamed
There was an error.
Her heartbeat was decreasing
They were losing her fast
So he thought about that good times
And the beautiful past.
He went back to the day
she was born;
When he saw her timy body,
his heart was torn.
For her crystal blue eyes
Burnt a hole in his heart
He knew they would
Never be apart
Then he remembered her second birthday
The bright smile on her face
As she opened her gifts
At a hasty pace.
But his thoughts were interrupted
By a steady beep
Then the surgeon covered her limp body
With a white linen sheet
The surgeon sighed
As he sunk into the seat
He wore a sad expression
he looked very beat.
'This is the hardest part of my job'
He explained as he let out a sob
'She did not make it
through the surgery.
Her little heart was too frail,
The next day
After a sleepless night
He got on his knees
And prayed to God with all his might
How could you do this to me?
You took away my baby!
She was everything to me,
She was only three!
Now he stood before
Her little gravestone
He felt so empty inside
And so very alone
He missed her dearly
And felt he couldn't go on
He wished he could just
Call her over the phone
'Please God' He said earnestly
as he peered into the sky
'Please watch over
My pretty blue eyes'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pretty Blue Eyes by Brie Carter )
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Morning, Sara Hopkins
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
- from 'The Double' VIII, Morgan Michaels
- MY DOLL, Ritusmera Mundakkal
- Hope and promises, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)