Ace Of Black Hearts
No mystery here.
Just eat some raisin brain cereal and be happy.
You wanted some bananas to go with that then why didn't you ask?
A simple request alas.
A comatose of contrast.
Bait the hook throw it in and see if you catch a bass.
Bet it's not.
Nope not even close.
Not something you can mount for a pose.
Good god woman put on some cloths.
That was not what I meant.
I know, I know, say what mean and mean what you say.
And I did just that.
A metaphor can mean plenty of things that is for certain.
Abbreviations for yet more them.
With so many illusions how could one ever draw a single conclusion with absolute certainty.
Chant it with me please.
Grab the witches broom and fly.
Bet you could if you really tried.
Instead of doing this little dance.
Beating around the bush, all do to pride.
Suggest but never admit.
Well if that keeps you content.
I won't walk into a room in the dark without first looking for a switch.
No it's not I'm afraid.
It's as simple as not tripping over your own two feet if you don't have too.
But go ahead with the tit for tat.
Here is a baseball bat now just picture me and give it a whack.
I'm more then deserving.
Honor me pain, honor with your mark.
At least it's a start
Better then filling all your hot air in all these crowded apartments in the middle of the summer.
Anger open, anger exposed.
For every slice you take, I'll give you my kindness,
I'll give my generosity of what little I really have.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prideful Shame by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Dr John Celes
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sometimes It Feels So Bad, Md. Ziaul Haque
- After So Many Days You Called, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Strange!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Life very quiet, hasmukh amathalal
- Good People are Going Away, Md. Ziaul Haque
- INSPIRED, ALLEN PHETOGO
- JESUS CHRIST, ALLEN PHETOGO
- FAITH, ALLEN PHETOGO
- Migrant wife, Birat Anupam