Ace Of Black Hearts
No mystery here.
Just eat some raisin brain cereal and be happy.
You wanted some bananas to go with that then why didn't you ask?
A simple request alas.
A comatose of contrast.
Bait the hook throw it in and see if you catch a bass.
Bet it's not.
Nope not even close.
Not something you can mount for a pose.
Good god woman put on some cloths.
That was not what I meant.
I know, I know, say what mean and mean what you say.
And I did just that.
A metaphor can mean plenty of things that is for certain.
Abbreviations for yet more them.
With so many illusions how could one ever draw a single conclusion with absolute certainty.
Chant it with me please.
Grab the witches broom and fly.
Bet you could if you really tried.
Instead of doing this little dance.
Beating around the bush, all do to pride.
Suggest but never admit.
Well if that keeps you content.
I won't walk into a room in the dark without first looking for a switch.
No it's not I'm afraid.
It's as simple as not tripping over your own two feet if you don't have too.
But go ahead with the tit for tat.
Here is a baseball bat now just picture me and give it a whack.
I'm more then deserving.
Honor me pain, honor with your mark.
At least it's a start
Better then filling all your hot air in all these crowded apartments in the middle of the summer.
Anger open, anger exposed.
For every slice you take, I'll give you my kindness,
I'll give my generosity of what little I really have.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prideful Shame by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- winter snow, Juwon Daniel
- Come Hold Me 3, Michael P. McParland
- Autumn, Andrea Vescovo
- I Love You Kira 6, Michael P. McParland
- sonnet 6: God of snow, Juwon Daniel
- Late Payment, Angela Wybrow
- Love versus Fear, Darian Kalamerd
- unforgettable summer nights, Juwon Daniel
- Wake up! ! !, ramesh rai
- Cinquante, Marilyn Jean