Do we call them whores who walk the street
Or dirty hoes with dirty feet
Selling sex for crumbled paper
Find no fault when monsters rape her
Rationalize the way men treat her
Think it justice when vultures beat her
Define it science the ways she tempts
When she's murdered who laments
Do we seek to lock her away
Pay for prisons to keep her at bay
Confine her witchery in a cell
Pray that men don't kiss and tell
Veil the shame call it a trick
Slaughter the ***sy pamper the ***k
The sense we make of twisted piety
Shows* scars upon a violent society
Who can bow to say 'I love her'
She's either a daughter or a mother
Defeated or angry she is our reflection
When we look inside she'll find affection
For she's not the raper, beater or murderer
That profits from that no one's heard of her
If that line becomes an expanse we can't cross
Daughters and Mothers are what's really lost.
[Leaves scars upon a violent society-Original-2.28.10]
Tim caffery's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prostitute by Tim caffery )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- an ailing wind, RIC S. BASTASA
- mistaken......, RIC S. BASTASA
- All I'm Looking For, Angel Gibbs
- To You, With Love, Fareez Nasir
- For smooth sailing, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Genuine respect, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Let go of my wrist!, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A sweet dream..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- She is I, Shweta Nair
- Poetic Sleeping Habits ~there are none, LUVinThe NOW