Purity And Love Practiced
We all need to walk in purity and love, as we live for our Lord above,
This as God's Word we truly heed, purity and love is what men need,
Within the world that has gone astray, with many on the broader way,
Souls seduced by Satan's seduction, on a path towards destruction!
We're called to represent Christ, in one dark world through all our life,
In the midst of darkened minds, seduced by wickedness of all kinds,
As in Christ we have the ability, to live above all that darkened futility,
For in Christ we are sanctified, now set apart, for God to be glorified.
In this world of darkened amorality, we must avoid sexual immorality,
In a world becoming even darker, we're content with a lifetime partner,
This as the Body of Christ strives, to live for Christ's Glory, holy lives.
Seeking to draw others out of the night, into our Lord's Glorious Light.
We must be as a sister and brother, an encouragement to one another,
We also need to love with sacrifice, all those within the Body of Christ,
Prompted by the love of The Savior, He wants to change our behavior,
To be Christ like, in all of our ways, as we live for His Glory and Praise.
This for believers is the purpose of God, as we live on this earthly sod,
With the power, from God above, we must reach others in Christ's love,
For it's God's Love this world needs, from those whom the Spirit leads,
As His Spirit directs us in this life, in the love and purity of Jesus Christ.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Purity And Love Practiced by Bob Gotti )
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Greeting Cards, Sara Fielder
- The Lorry From The North, Tony Adah
- Father's Admonition, Tony Adah
- Those who lose, Luv Artem
- The Making of Me: Tune Me Up, Niealie Petit
- Show Your Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Time Is Of Love, Naveed Akram
- The Wings Of Time, Noah Body
- Passing By The Pond, Tony Adah
- Ode to Now, David Whalen