The morning starts with OurAncient Sun shining bright.
GoldBright for the end of a very cool Winters Night.
The ground is covered, it looks like 'Rolling Purple Seas',
Its not the frozen water, its the flowering Jacaranda Trees.
What O' Wind will You bring Me today?
A PleasureBoat, to go out on this 'Purple Sea'?
What O' Wind will You blow yon way?
Across 'Pruple Seas', where My Lover waits for Me.
Whistle Your Wind, though the 'Weeping Willows' tonite,
Sing Your Song, on this quiet Lovers Night.
Sing Your 'Wicked Song' with~out a moments fright,
Blow Us across Gods Purple Seas,
till We see,
Tomorow Mornings Light..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (PurpleSeas by NikiAlex Zander )
- Ballad on Mr. Heron's Election—No. 4, Robert Burns
- Poem on Sensibility, Robert Burns
- Epigram—The True Loyal Natives, Robert Burns
- Epitaph on John Dove, Innkeeper, Robert Burns
- The Nameless Mood of a Home-Maker, Ananta Madhavan
- Life through a colleague's eyes, Jeremy Horsford
- The Vision, Robert Burns
- Little Girl's Talk - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- The Singer, Clara Keiper
- আর কত?, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)