Purpose In Life
Some people as they pass me by, live each day and know not why,
Why they deal with the daily strife, or the true meaning of their life.
Their purpose in life is not clear, or why on earth they’re even here.
Many of them accepted the lie, that you go nowhere when you die.
To then everyday is the same, only each day has a different name.
And the weeks, they don’t change, a different week is still the same.
As their weeks turn into months, they question life’s true relevance.
And as the months turn into years, the end of this life slowly nears.
There is nothing in their past, or nothing ahead they think will last.
If any of this seems to describe, any feelings that you have inside,
You can instead fill your life, with a purpose that is found in Christ.
He will enter your life my friend, and give you direction and an end.
This end is only found in Christ, for this end in Him is Eternal Life.
The direction that your life will take, fills the void, make no mistake.
Friend, even if your life is amiss, Christ will give it Eternal Purpose.
Make Christ your Lord and Savior, and He’ll give you a new nature.
You’ll have no more empty days, as Christ fills the void with praise.
Friend you’ll have no Misgivings, as life in Christ is life worth living.
For when you are Heaven bound, a new joy on this earth is found.
And far from that eternal abyss, in the end you enter Eternal Bliss.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Purpose In Life by Bob Gotti )
- Awe - Inspiring Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Remarkable Photograph, Frank Avon
- White Buffalo Annunciation, mary douglas
- Unrest Soul: Scaffolding Divergence, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- I Was There, David Lacey
- GRACE, Itsoghole O Solomon
- Clock Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Promise You, Lilly Emery
- Rock my boat, george albot
- Those who complain النئائين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)