Purpose In Life
Some people as they pass me by, live each day and know not why,
Why they deal with the daily strife, or the true meaning of their life.
Their purpose in life is not clear, or why on earth they’re even here.
Many of them accepted the lie, that you go nowhere when you die.
To then everyday is the same, only each day has a different name.
And the weeks, they don’t change, a different week is still the same.
As their weeks turn into months, they question life’s true relevance.
And as the months turn into years, the end of this life slowly nears.
There is nothing in their past, or nothing ahead they think will last.
If any of this seems to describe, any feelings that you have inside,
You can instead fill your life, with a purpose that is found in Christ.
He will enter your life my friend, and give you direction and an end.
This end is only found in Christ, for this end in Him is Eternal Life.
The direction that your life will take, fills the void, make no mistake.
Friend, even if your life is amiss, Christ will give it Eternal Purpose.
Make Christ your Lord and Savior, and He’ll give you a new nature.
You’ll have no more empty days, as Christ fills the void with praise.
Friend you’ll have no Misgivings, as life in Christ is life worth living.
For when you are Heaven bound, a new joy on this earth is found.
And far from that eternal abyss, in the end you enter Eternal Bliss.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Purpose In Life by Bob Gotti )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Christmas Bells, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- 2 Days After, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Did As I Was Commanded, Edward Kofi Louis
- Disease, decease!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Backdoor Sex, Luis Estable
- Try To Call Me, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fishing Hole, Ima Ryma
- Whole, hole!, Edward Kofi Louis
- No Way For Her, Luis Estable
- Slowly Does It, Luis Estable
- The Dance, Ronald Stuart Thomas