Put Your Arms 'Round Your Soldier
Preparing for battle,
I spot check each man,
I love them, lead them,
Do the best that I can.
Life is so short,
In this desert land,
Put your arms 'round your soldier man.
Love 'em and hold 'em,
As long as you can.
He has little comfort,
Lives and dies in the sand,
So, put your arms 'round
Your brave soldier man.
Philip Lore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Put Your Arms 'Round Your Soldier by Philip Lore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Love keeps flowering and sometimes, Gert Strydom
- We sit on a balcony, Gert Strydom
- Cheap Shots, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- COPLA 69 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Days When The Darkness Is Greater Than T.., Shalom Freedman
- STORM IN A TEACUP, Philo Yan
- Never take anybody, gajanan mishra
- All one, gajanan mishra
- The ignorant, gajanan mishra
- Poetry For I. H. Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey