A kiss from a friend,
Means...that they care.
A kiss from your Dad,
It's pretty rare.
A kiss on the cheek at Grandma's house,
A kiss from a wife, a kiss to her spouse.
A kiss from your lover,
Lets passion unwind,
A kiss from Mom, one..of..a..kind.
A kiss from the stars,
A kiss from your daughter,
Showing her love.
A kiss from the sun,
Softly brushes my lips.
A kiss from your fiance,
A kiss won't last for just a day.
A kiss on the doorstep,
A kiss at the train,
A kiss in the moonlight,
A kiss in the rain.
A kiss for your kiss,
A kiss on your lips.
A kiss from far away.
From my bunker, straight to you,
I'm sending one today.
A kiss to bring a welcomed smile,
I'm sending just for you,
A kiss to cheer you up today,
For feeling oh so blue.
Philip Lore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Kiss by Philip Lore )
- Submission of Poem, Vera Sidhwa
- The Hungry, Randy McClave
- You are not changed, ramesh rai
- The Poet called Light, Light Mark
- Stripes, Mike Acker
- Rocks like Milky Ways, Mikey Bachman
- Opportunities, Peter S. Quinn
- We Should Be Glad, Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- An Agreement To End Stupidity, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- On the other side of known reality, Gert Strydom
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)