Deborah M. Vanderwood
Quarter Of Two
I love him so I can't let go
How do I learn to grow alone
I leaned on you for so very long
The tears cried are for you alone
How do I take that first big step
Hoping we could be once more.
Destroying a love that was strong
Why couldn't you listen or hear my words?
I'm angry with you my words were true!
My love for you is breaking into.
The emptiness I feel longs for you near
Letting you go is the hardest thing.
So when will the hurting be ever gone?
My nights are cold when you're not around.
The vase is empty, no flowers to fill
The music is on, my love song is gone
Glasses are empty, no wine to fill
All dressed up and nowhere to go.
My love song is on, my arms are not filled
Got to stop thinking while I'm in bed.
Telling myself I need to sleep
Only to wake and still half asleep.
No box of chocolates, or sugar, or sweets
My last card said, I'm so in love with you!
My eyes are mine, and you're alone
My lips don't feel the warmth of years.
Waiting to hear you whisper my name
It's two o'clock, and I'm still awake
I sit and wait for your knock at the door,
Or maybe my phone will ring out your name.
The moon is full and I'm all alone
One day you'll wake up and find you were wrong!
Asked me to dance, I said I'd love to
One last dance at the Quarter of Two!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Quarter Of Two by Deborah M. Vanderwood )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Night Thoughts, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Poem of the Day
- Be a runner, gajanan mishra
- Rosy - 2, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Nangalum Manidan Than!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Time For Healing and Time to Love, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Merry-Christmas, gajanan mishra
- The best of surrenders, A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash P ..
- This world is yours, gajanan mishra
- Wrapped Around Your Finger, Amber Carr
- With full freedom, hasmukh amathalal
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal